When times are tough and we don’t have the capacity to fix things ourselves, most people turn to God for help. I am no different. From the time I felt like the news of my cancer reoccurrence was intimate, I prayed for His will to be done. It isn’t God’s will for me to have cancer but I do believe He has a purpose for allowing me to champion this cancer challenge.....again.
For the past few years, I have started each day asking to be used by Him. Be careful what you pray for because being used by God may be a bigger assignment than you think. Thankfully, I have a relationship with God so reaching out for strength, peace and healing is natural for me. My prayers have ranged from being on my knees in tears pleading to be healed to simply whispering Jesus’ name. I know He hears me but having a whole bunch of prayer warriors chatting with God about me, well I do believe that must really gets His attention.
Prayer Warriors united on my behalf very soon after my reoccurrence of breast cancer. Moments after my miracle experience at MD Anderson, I was told by a prophetic Christian women that a vision came to her of two women united in prayer who have opened Heaven’s Gates so that all the prayers are being heard. Who really knows how prayers work but I do know they do! I feel the prayers in my soul and that is good medicine!
Praise & Prayer Snapshots
• Naturally, your parents will pray for you. My Mother prays all the time for everyone. Maybe that is why her cooking is so good. I visualize Jesus just sitting at her table listening to her go on and on about people in need as she is whipping up food that is so awesome and fittin’ for anyone to eat. Joyce loves Jesus and always has His ear. She is my main prayer warrior along with my Dad George.
• The minute my childhood friend, Laura, heard the news….she got in her car, drove from NWA to my house, laid hands on me and prayed! I told her that she didn’t have to return to the Fort for an upcoming prayer meeting for me but she said if we are expecting a miracle, I am going to be there.
• Kathryn is a young adult who knows through her own physical battles that God can provide a miracle. She organized a prayer meeting at church. People prayed for me and others who needed divine intervention. My heart was overjoyed to see so many people come and offer special prayers. Especially when one of the people touching me as her heart was reaching out to God was my daughter Amanda.
• Luann brought me Holy water from her sister Rita. These girls don’t just give anyone a ration of their Holy water. Their gift blessed me. I pray as I place it on the four places they say I have tumors. By His stripes, I am healed….I claim it!
• Toni gave me the book Jesus Calling. In the morning, I spend time reading and meditating. This daily devotional has blessed me with words that grant peace and reassurance. What a gift!
• If you are a take charge - make it happen - conquer the world - blonde bombshell whose friend is five hours away and just found out that she has metastatic breast cancer and your name is Danna, you start a Prayers for Patricia Brown page on Facebook. Within days, I was blessed to have over 500 people praying for me while at MD Anderson. As of the posting of this blog there are 1001 members to my prayer page.
• Vonda is walking through this battle with me every day. She prays with and for me. She constantly reminds me to pray for His daily bread. Vonda is a make it happen person. The timing of our trip to Houston to go to MD Anderson allowed us the opportunity to attend a service at Lakewood Church (Joel Olsteen’s Church) Vonda “motivated” the usher at Lakewood to seat us up front. The usher also got me into Joel’s mother, Dodie’s prayer line. Where was Vonda?…she was standing behind me with her hands on my shoulders. She has my back.
Prayer is powerful. I see it working. I feel it working. For all the prayers on my behalf, I humbly with tears in my eyes, Thank YOU!
p.s. Please keep up the good work!
p.s.s. Be sure to read next week’s blog and read about answered prayers.