On Sunday, (Jan. 12) the National Retail Federation announced the election of six new members to its board of directors as retailers from around the globe gathered in New York for Retail’s BIG Show. The new additions will each serve a three-year term.
“These executives are among the top thought leaders in the world of retail and will only strengthen an already diverse and well-respected board,” NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay said. “Their knowledge and experience will be invaluable as we address the many issues facing retailers at a time when our industry is rapidly changing.”
The new board members include:
• Bill Simon, CEO of Walmart U.S.
• Mike Ullman, CEO of J.C. Penney
• Greg Sandfort, CEO of Tractor Supply
• Steve Knopik, CEO of Bealls
• Dave Davis, president of Utah Retail Merchants Assoc.
• Lori Mitchell-Keller, head of global retail business unit at SAP