Former President Bill Clinton, the “Never Yield” motto and academic achievement are included in the new 2013-2014 Arkansas Razorbacks Athletics Annual Report.
A press release announcing the report also notes that the year included four Southeastern Conference championships, the program’s first individual national champion in gymnastics and 112 current or former Razorback student-athletes who earned their college degree.
“When the Razorbacks take the field, our signature mantra is on display for those around the nation to see,” University of Arkansas G. David Gearhart and Athletic Director Jeff Long note in a joint opening letter for the report. “Whether it is a Razorback sweep of the SEC Cross Country Championships or soccer’s historic run to the NCAA Round of 16, Arkansas consistently ranks among the most successful athletics programs in the country.”
The 16- page four color publication distributed to Razorback Foundation members and other key constituents, charts the combined accomplishments of more than 460 Razorback student-athletes competing in 19 sports.
The report also notes that Arkansas was one of only two institutions in the nation to rank in the top 30 average attendance in football (61,596), men’s basketball (14,023) and baseball (8,234). The Razorbacks also ranked in the top 30 in attendance for gymnastics (3,235).
Following is the list of highlights noted in the press release.
• Record 3.18 Student-Athlete GPA, the ninth-consecutive semester exceeding 3.0
• 261 Razorback Student-Athletes on the academic honor roll
• 112 current or former Razorbacks graduated in 2013-14, an increase of 81 percent from six years ago
• First NCAA Individual Gymnastics Champion – Katherine Grable (Floor and Vault)
• Four SEC Championships (men’s and women’s cross country, men’s indoor track and field, women’s outdoor track and field)
• 6,532 student-athlete volunteer hours with an estimated impact of $144,629 to the region
• Annual Economic Impact of Razorback Athletics - $153.6 million
• Razorback Athletics Facilities Master Plan – Fred W. Smith Football Center, Fowler Family Baseball and Track Training Center, Basketball Performance Center and Student-Athlete Success Center
• Nike updated brand identity and uniform unveiling
• Razorback Foundation Annual Fund exceeds $20 million for third consecutive year
There was no mention of the Razorback football team failing to win a game against an SEC opponent.
Link here for the PDF of the annual report.